Wednesday 7 December 2016

Game development Week 4

This week I started with editing of the cloud and eggs generator because I think is important for my game and this is the all point of it to open the umbrella when you see an egg falling down. I makes 3 types of eggs- White egg, normal egg and normal broken.



 All of these eggs have the same code and characteristics they only look different, I did it because I think it makes the game better and more interesting.
After this I decided to create an egg counter which will know how many eggs fallen in the player head, I did it using an new attribute of type integer like in the race car game also I added the health bar because it looks better then just a number and maybe in my game will play someone who doesn't know numbers because the target audience for my game is 6+. I did the codes that the actor will die after 3 eggs which fallen in his head because the eggs are falling every 2 seconds and in the game will be lots of eggs and will be difficult to protect of all so 3 is the perfect number for it. This number may be changed in others levels.

After this I started with creating the coin actor. I find an good animation of an coins with rotate and look pretty good in the context. I edited it and I start coding it. Now when the actor Men collide or overlaps with coin the actor coins is destroying and the attribute coins counter became -1. I made one new actor and I puted inside only the display text behaviour and it shows the atribute egg counter which is how many eggs he has left. The actor can't finish the game without all 5 eggs. I placed this actor on upper right angle of the camera and is there every time you move like the health bar.

After this I had lots of problems with the game every time it didn't wanted to work and I find that the problem was because of the game layers. I lplaced the egg counter on the layer with the health bar and it starts to work fine. After this I noticed that in my game I don't have enough obstacles so I start to work on the manhole obstacle. I found the image which look good in the scene and I makes it png also I did the trim of it. I did the codes so then the after men collide with it , the scene is changing to you lose it means you die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment